On Aug. 1, 1948, the 301st Station Medical Group was activated at Smoky Hill Air Force Base, Kan., beginning a long history of Air Force service.
The unit has been an important part of Air Force lineage in Texas since it was assigned to the 301st Tactical Fighter Wing on July 1, 1976 at what was then known as Carswell AFB. It would eventually be re-designated the 301st Medical Squadron on Oct. 17, 2008.
Throughout the years the squadron has ensured members are ready to serve their country, no matter where or when. This includes a world-wide pandemic.