Barksdale supports Tyndall evacuees
2nd Bomb Wing Public Affairs
/ Published October 12, 2018
BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, La. --
Airmen and families displaced from Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla., who evacuated within the surrounding Barksdale region can receive help at Barksdale.
Assistance includes support from all base organizations including administrative, medical, chaplain services, counseling and others.
Additionally, a blanket referral has been put into place until Oct. 31, 2018 authorizing Airmen and their families to receive medical help from local network providers. Services including medical and dental appointments will be available.
- All patients seen downtown will need to contact the Flight Medicine Clinic within 24 hours for medical disposition at (318) 456-6555.
- To schedule appointments contact the 2nd Medical Group at (318) 456-6419 or (318) 456-6555.
- For Dental appointments call (318) 456-6718.
- If the on-call provider cannot be reached the nurse advice line is available by calling (318) 456-6555
- PRAP personnel seen off base must contact the medical group at (318) 456-6419 within 24 hours of being seen
- Airmen can also reach out to Barksdale’s Humana Representative, Regina Boyd at (318) 456-6405
Airmen and families should log any problems they are facing into AFPAAS at https://afpaas.af.mil/. Airmen and families can also find information at the Air Force Personnel Center Facebook page, or visiting the main AFPC website.
The Red Cross Hero Care Center can assist with financial and family issues by calling (877) 272-7337. The Barksdale Airman and Family Readiness Center can be reached at (318) 456-8400. For administrative, ID, or military personnel support contact the 2nd Force Support Squadron customer services at (318) 456-3710.