COLONEL GAVIN D. TADE
Col. Gavin D. Tade is the Chief of Standardization/ Evaluation Division, Tenth Air Force, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas. His division oversees the Aircrew
Standardization/Evaluation Program for Air Force Reserve Command cyber, space, fighter, bomber, special operations, search and rescue, airborne warning and control, and flying training units which, when mobilized, are gained by Air Combat Command, Air Force Special Operations Command, and Air Education and Training Command.
Col. Tade commissioned through the Academy of Military Science at McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tennessee, and attended undergraduate pilot training at Reese Air Force Base, Texas. He is a command pilot with more than 2,100 hours in the F-16 Fighting Falcon and MQ-9 Reaper. He has flown combat missions in operations NORTHERN WATCH, SOUTHERN WATCH, FREEDOM SENTINEL, and OCTAVE SHIELD. He has also flown multiple missions in Operation NOBLE EAGLE. As aerial port squadron commander, he organized, trained, and equipped 35 Airmen and deployed them to combat in Operation ENDURING FREEDOM. He also led his squadron to the 2014 National Defense Transportation Association - Military Unit of the Year, and the 2015 10th Air Force Global Logistics and Transportation - Military Unit of the Year. He served as the commander of the 944th Mission Support Group at Luke AFB, Arizona, where he deployed 176 Airmen to combat in Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, Operation INHERENT RESOLVE and Operation SPARTAN SHIELD and led his group to the 2018 Meritorious Unit Award.
Col. Tade served as the Vice Wing commander of the 926th Wing at Nellis AFB, Nevada. He provided leadership and vision resulting in the wing receiving the 2020 Verne Orr award. Prior to his current position, he served as the interim commander of the 44th Fighter Group at Eglin AFB, Florida. In his civilian capacity he is a captain with a major airline.
1992 Associate of Science degree in aviation pilot training, Indian Hills Community College, Ottumwa, Iowa
1994 Bachelor of Science degree in aviation technology, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, Mo.
2001 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2007 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2016 Air War College, by correspondence
2016 Masters of Science in aviation safety, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, Mo.
2017 Reserve Component National Security, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. November 1995 – November 1996, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training 64th Flying Training Wing, Reese Air Force Base, Texas
2. December 1996 – February 1997, Student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, 49th Fighter Training Squadron, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
3. February 1997 – September 1997, Student, F-16 Replacement Training Unit, 62nd Fighter Training Squadron, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
4. September 1997 – July 2005, Weapons and Tactics officer, 124th Fighter Squadron, Iowa Air National Guard, Des Moines, Iowa
5. July 2005 – June 2006, Weapons and Tactics officer, 457th Fighter Squadron, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas
6. July 2006 – August 2007, Standardization and Evaluation officer, 457th FS, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
7. September 2007 – September 2009, Aircrew Flight Equipment flight commander, 457th FS, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
8. October 2009 – December 2011, Assistant Director of Operations, 301st Operations Support Flight, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
9. January 2012 – May 2012, Director of Operations, 301st OSF, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
10. June 2012 – August 2015, Commander, 73rd Aerial Port Squadron, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
11. August 2015 – February 2017, Deputy Director for Operations and Plans A3/A5,10th Air Force, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
12. February 2017 – June 2019, Commander, 944th Mission Support Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
13. June 2019 – August 2020, Vice Commander, 926th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
14. April 2020 – August 2020, Commander, 44th Fighter Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
15. August 2020 – present, A3 Chief of Standardization/Evaluation, 10th Air Force, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 2100
Combat hours: 103
Aircraft flown: T-3, T-37, T-38, AT-38, F-16 and MQ-9
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Combat Readiness Medal with five oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
2013 Univeristy of Central Missouri, Distinguished Alumni
2014 Indian Hills Community College, Outstanding Alumni
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 15, 1995
First Lieutenant Sept. 15, 1997
Captain Sept. 15, 1999
Major Oct. 9, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 15, 2012
Colonel May 1, 2017
(Current as of December 2020)