Chief Master Sgt. Jeremy Malcom is the Command Chief, 10th Air Force, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas. He advises the 10th Air Force Commander on all matters concerning the health, morale, welfare and effective management of more than 20,000 Reserve members at 30 locations. Covering all fighter, bomber, special operations, rescue, airborne warning and control, fighter and bomber flying-training missions, combat air operations battle staff, remotely-piloted aircraft, space and cyber units in the Air Force Reserve Command. He provides leadership and guidance as the commander's representative to numerous committees, councils and boards, and at military functions throughout the command.
Chief Malcom enlisted in the Air Force in 1992. He served five years of active duty stationed in New Mexico and Germany. He entered the Air Force Reserve in 1997 with the 944th Fighter Wing, Luke Air Force Base, Arizona. He has extensive experience in the munitions and weapons career fields including work in both conventional and nuclear munitions. He has served overseas in support of operations Northern Watch and Enduring Freedom.
Prior to his current assignment, Chief Malcom served as the Command Chief, 944th Fighter Wing.
1999 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, by correspondence
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2010 Bachelor of Science Degree in Technical Management, DeVry University
2011 Associate of Applied Science degree in Munition Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2014 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, by correspondence
2015 Chief Orientation Course, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. July 1992–November 1993, Munitions Craftsman, 27th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Cannon Air Force Base, N.M.
2. December 1993-July 1996, Munitions Storage Plans Technician, 50th Munitions Maintenance Storage Theater, Morbach Air Base, Germany
3. July 1996-April 1997, Precision Guided Missiles Technician, 86th Maintenance Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
4. April 1997-July 2005, Precision Guided Missiles Technician, 944th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
5. July 2005-July 2006, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge Munitions Operations, 944th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. July 2006-October 2006, Munitions Craftsman, 162nd Fighter Wing, Tucson Air National Guard Base, Ariz.
7. October 2006-July 2008, Munitions Flight Chief, 161st Refueling Wing, Sky Harbor Air National Guard Base, Ariz.
8. July 2008-October 2013, Munitions Flight Chief, 943rd Rescue Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
9. October 2013-June 2015, Munitions Superintendent, 924th Maintenance Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
10. June 2015-July 2017, Group Superintendent, 924th Fighter Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
11. August 2017–January 2020, Command Chief, 944th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
12. January 2020–present, 10th Air Force, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two devices
Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with two devices
AF Good Conduct Medal
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with five devices
National Defense Service Medal with one device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one device
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
AF Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
AF Longevity Service with four devices
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with one 'M' device and one device
2014 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Quarter, 924th Fighter Group
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman October 1992
Airman First Class August 1993
Senior Airman April 1, 1995
Staff Sergeant July 1, 1999
Technical Sergeant Nov. 1, 2002
Master Sergeant Feb. 1, 2009
Senior Master Sergeant Dec. 1, 2013
Chief Master Sergeant Dec. 1, 2015
(Current as of January 2020)